The Discount Phase for payment of taxes has ended. The Face Value of taxes and fees will be collected through June 30. The deadline will be strictly enforced and incorrect payments will be returned to the taxpayer.
The Single Tax Office is located at 123 Wyoming Ave. on the 2nd floor.
Monday through Friday
8:30am to 4:30pm
Scranton Single Tax Office
P.O. Box 20111
Scranton, PA 18502
|Due Date||Payment Amount|
|By April 17, 2023||2% Discount|
|April 18 through June 30, 2023||Face Value|
|July 1 through December 29, 2023||10% Penalty|
|Due Date||Payment Amount|
|By April 17, 2023||2% Discount on Real Estate Tax
10% Discount on Refuse Fee
|April 18 through June 30, 2023||Face Value of Real Estate Tax
Face Value of Refuse Fee
|July 1 through December 29, 2023||10% Penalty on Real Estate Tax
12% Penalty on Refuse Fee
|March 31, 2023|
|June 30, 2023|
|August 31, 2023|
|October 31, 2023|
Methods to Pay Your Real Estate Taxes
• If you are paying by check, you can utilize the Dropbox for the Single Tax Office located in the vestibule of the Lackawanna County Government Center, 123 Wyoming Avenue, Scranton. The Dropbox will be accessible Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
• Taxpayers who utilize the drop box or mail their tax payments should include a stamped self-addressed envelope to receive a receipt or include an email address on the payment coupon for an emailed receipt.
• Payments can also be made online with additional fees. Payment by an E-Check has a $1.50 fee; Visa Signature Debit (online) is $3.95; Visa Credit/Debit, Discover, and MasterCard Credit/Debit will add an additional fee of $1.50 for transactions of $50 and less and 2.49% for transactions of $50.01+; and the American Express fee will be 3.5% plus $1.50.
• Credit/Debit card fees are non-refundable.
Refuse Fee Information
• The City of Scranton and Scranton School District Real Estate Taxes cannot be paid without payment of the Refuse Fee.
• City and School District taxes, along with the Refuse Fee, can be paid quarterly using the coupons at the bottom of the bill. Quarterly payments do not include County taxes. No other partial payments will be accepted.
• If you believe you are entitled to an exoneration of any portion of the Refuse Fee due to vacancy, contact the Scranton Treasury Bureau to apply for an exoneration. All refund requests will be processed in December 2023 or January 2024.
• Applications can be found on the City of Scranton’s website at scrantonpa.gov. For additional information contact the Treasurer’s Office at (570) 348-4107.
We now accept credit or debit card payments at our office or pay online using your credit or debit card or e-check.
CLICK HERE to see consumer fees.
For more information you can click on the "MAKE A PAYMENT" tab above.