Job Opening - Tax Solicitor - APPLY NOW
For information regarding the City of Scranton’s Payroll Preparation Tax, please contact Berkheimer at (610) 599-3140.
The Face Value Phase for payment of taxes has ended and the Penalty Phase has begun. Penalties will be assessed on all taxes and fees collected through December 30th. The deadline will be strictly enforced, and incorrect payments will be returned to the taxpayer.
The Single Tax Office is located at 123 Wyoming Ave. on the 2nd floor.
Monday through Friday
8:30am to 4:30pm
Scranton Single Tax Office
P.O. Box 20111
Scranton, PA 18502
|Due Date||Payment Amount|
|By March 15, 2022;||2% Discount|
|March 15 through June 30, 2022||Face Value|
|July 1 through December 30, 2022||10% Penalty|
|Due Date||Payment Amount|
|By March 15, 2022||2% Discount on Real Estate Tax
10% Discount on Refuse Fee
|March 16 through June 30, 2022||Face Value of Real Estate Tax
Face Value of Refuse Fee
|July 1 through December 30, 2022||10% Penalty on Real Estate Tax
12% Penalty on Refuse Fee
|March 31, 2022|
|June 30, 2022|
|August 31, 2022|
|October 31, 2022|
Methods to Pay Your Real Estate Taxes
• If you are paying by check, you can utilize the Dropbox for the Single Tax Office located in the vestibule of the Lackawanna County Government Center, 123 Wyoming Avenue, Scranton. The Dropbox will be accessible Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. All payments made through the Dropbox will receive a receipt by mail.
• Taxpayers paying their taxes in cash can pay in person at the Single Tax Office. Masks are required and social distancing will be enforced.
• Taxpayers who mail their tax payments should include a stamped self-addressed envelope to receive a receipt.
• Payments can also be made online with additional fees. Payment by an E-Check has a $1.50 fee; Visa Signature Debit (online) is $3.95; Visa Credit/Debit, Discover, and MasterCard Credit/Debit will add an additional fee of $1.50 for transactions of $50 and less and 2.49% for transactions of $50.01+; and the American Express fee will be 3.5% plus $1.50.
• Credit/Debit card fees are non-refundable.
Refuse Fee Information
• The City of Scranton and Scranton School District Real Estate Taxes cannot be paid without payment of the Refuse Fee.
• City and School District taxes, along with the Refuse Fee, can be paid quarterly using the coupons at the bottom of the bill. Quarterly payments do not include County taxes. No other partial payments will be accepted.
• If you believe you are entitled to an exoneration of any portion of the Refuse Fee due to vacancy, contact the Scranton Treasury Bureau to apply for an exoneration. All refund requests will be processed in December 2022 or January 2023.
• Applications can be found on the City of Scranton’s website at scrantonpa.gov as well as in the Bureau of Treasury and the Single Tax Office. For additional information contact the Treasurer’s Office at (570) 348-4107.